Dinghy Racing - Sundays
Sunday Racing 2018
Racing on Sundays is the main-stay of our year long programme of racing. During the summer months there are typically 3 races per day (1 morning race, 2 afternoon races). During the winter months when it gets dark early in the afternoon, there are just two races.
There are 6 key racing series:
- Icicle Series: January – March
- Fastnet Series: April – June
- Portland Series: July- October
- Autumn Series: October – December
- Club championship: 6 weekends between may and october
- Short course series 5 weekends through the year
The summer racing programme is very accessible and anyone is welcome to take part. The Fastnet & Portland series are each 7 weeks long with 3 races per day. If you take part in the morning race, you also qualify for the 'age category series'. All the summer races (both morning and afternoon) are included in class specific series.
These additional race series include:
- Junior Series: ages up to 18 years
- Senior Series: ages 18+ to 40 years
- Masters Series: ages 40+ to 55 years
- Grand-Masters Series: ages 55 and over
- Laser Series: Laser, Laser Radial & Laser 4.7
- Single-handed Series for single handed boats
- Double-handed Series for double handed boats
- Catamaran Series for catamarans
There are three special cup events [Houghton, Caulcott and Blackaby] that comprise the Club Championship. Each of these is run on consecutive weekends. They involve a mixture of normal handicap racing & pursuit racing.
Gold and Silver Fleets
All are racers are designated either Gold or Silver Fleet according to past performance. Within the Fastnet, Portland Rockall and Club Championship, trophies and prizes are awarded to the silver fleet as well as for the overall series.
A personal handicap series will be run alongside the normal results within Fastnet & Portland. The handicaps will be based on prior performance. Trophies and prizes will be awarded for each series. At the end of teach series, the handicaps will be adjusted.
Last updated 17:38 on 26 March 2018