Stewartby’s successes during this winter’s Sprint 15 series are numerous, but here are the 5 highlights:
- On November 5th, Stewartby hosted the largest Sprint 15 Winter event ever held with 32 boats.
- Stewartby’s home team at the Nov. 5th event was the largest in the series (12 boats). What’s more, we didn’t have a full turn-out!
- Jon Finch bagged 3rd Place in horrendous conditions at the Carsington event on December 3rd. Robert Finch, Andy Bunyan and Karl Pountney were forced to retire.
- Stewartby had the largest travelling team of all the clubs competing (6 boats)
- One fifth of the boats qualifying in the series (completed 3 races) were Stewartby boats.
Hopefully there’ll be a more in-depth account of the Winter TT Series in the forthcoming Windshift, but for now, congratulations to: [Qualifiers] Simon Miles (6th), Jon Finch (8th), Robert Finch (19th), Andy Bunyan (21st), Karl Pountney (24th); [Non-qualifiers] Mark Norman, Chris Clarke, Andrew Gregory, Robin Hall, Marcus Finch, Steve Wakelam and Clive Latham. We’d like to wish Clive well as he leaves Stewartby and joins the emerging fleet at Oxford SC with our thanks.