At a glance:
- Class Association Training for Experienced Helms
- Coach: Brian Phipps
- Gates Open at 08.30, Start 09.30
- Charge: TBC
The club will be open from 8.30 in the morning. The sliding gate will shut and you will need to use the intercom on the right-hand-side to contact the club house. Please be patient, it can take a minute or two to get to the phone if we are busy elsewhere in the club.
When in the club, follow the road directly ahead of you and past the club-house and park in the large car-park at the rear of the dinghy park. For safety reasons it will not be possible to drop off your boat by car on the slipway. However, it’s a short distance to pull your boat down by hand and there are several ‘gates’ in the dinghy park through which you can head to the water’s edge.
As soon as you arrive please head to the Clubhouse to sign in and (importantly) choose your lunchtime meal. The costs are typically £3.75 for a main-course, £ 5.00 for main-course, pudding & large mug of tea.
The changing rooms are to the right as you enter the clubhouse. The site is secure and not open to the public, however if you leave bags in the changing rooms then you do so at your own risk and we strongly advice that you keep valuables locked in your car. The Galley will be happy to hold on to keys.
Visitors may camp overnight with no charge. Electric hook-ups are available for a charge of £2 per day.
- As you enter the club, caravans and camper-vans may set-up on the left-hand side of the roadway.
- Only tents are permitted on the grass to the right-handside of the road with cars not permitted to park on the grass or the roadway itself. All cars should be parked in the car-park behind the dinghy park.
- The grass area immediately adjacent to the clubhouse car-park near the white metal fence is reserved for club members and members of the race committee.
No camping is permitted on the field between the clubhouse and the lake. Please see the diagram posted in the clubhouse indicating the restricted area. This is due to restrictions placed on the club’s lease
Please be aware that the rules governing camping at the club, the lighting of fires, BBQs and stoves, along with the use of the roadways and carparks form part of the rules and regulations of Stewartby Water Sports Club Limited and Stewarbty Water Sports Club Sailing Section. Please seek advice from a club member if in any doubt.
The contact details of the event are:
You might find the following information elsewhere on this website helpful: